Overlooked by the Constantiaberg and Vlakkenberg peaks, Constantia is packed with an array of entertainment, beauty and glamour. From winding greenbelts to cosy wine tasting rooms, you couldn’t find a more natural, beautiful yet sophisticated place to retire.
Need a reason to move here? Here are just a few.
1. Wine Farms – if Constantia is known for anything, it’s the wine farms. With more than 10 wine farms in and around the neighbourhood – some offering delightful dining in gorgeous settings – you’ll love discovering the tasting rooms and vintages on your doorstep.
2. Shopping – Constantia Village, Constantia Emporium and High Constantia Centre are perfect for all your high end shopping needs. With clothing boutiques, jewellers and designer accessories, gourmet delis, coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries, book shops, and homeware and specialist stores as well as your trusted retail chains for life’s everyday needs – you will be spoilt for choice.
3. Safety – with a 28% decrease in crime stats from Dec 2020 to Mar 2021, Constantia is increasingly a great choice for a safe and comfortable lifestyle, with regular private security patrolling and neighbourhood watch groups.
4. Restaurants – whether you prefer fine dining or steak and chips, Constantia caters for every pallet. From friendly favourites like PRIMI and Tasha’s to gastronomical experiences at Beau Constantia, La Colombe, Foxcroft or Greenhouse, Constantia’s restaurants are brimming with 5-star reviews.
5. Walking trails – the Alphen, Greenbelt and Silverhurst trails are excellent for a morning’s amble to take in the surrounding greenery and mountain views while getting a little exercise. For the more adventurous types, Constantia offers easy access to a number of mountain hiking trails on Constantia Nek and into Cecilia forest.
6. Sports Facilities – for the sports and activities enthusiasts, Constantia has you covered. A variety of clubs offer bowling, tennis, cricket, rugby and running, hiking, walking and cycling facilities, and the rambling greens of the Steenberg and Westlake Golf courses are within a 5-minute drive from the heart of Constantia.
7. Hospitals – Constantia boasts close access to Constantiaberg Mediclinic, providing access to all the specialists you might need.
8. Mountain Views – It has to be said: where else can you sit on your patio and enjoy beautiful mountain vistas?
9. Location, location, location – Not only is Constantia the ideal home base for all the above reasons – it also offers easy access to some of the best loved spots around Cape Town. You’re just 15km from the bustle of Cape Town City Bowl and the V&A Waterfront. Hout Bay lies over a short mountain pass to your west and in the opposite direction – the beautiful coastline of Muizenberg, St James and Kalk Bay. Few locations in Cape Town are as central to all the Mother City has to offer.
Great Oaks Retirement Village in Constantia, Cape Town, is set to open for occupancy late 2023. Apartments and cottages range between R3.5-million and R10.6-million. Contact us to chat about your retirement options today.