1. Data collection
Our process of customer data collection is carried out with respect to principles established in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 of South Africa.
- Transparency: Customers are informed fairly and in a transparent manner beforehand about which data is being collected and for which purpose.
- Relevancy: We only collect necessary customer data in relation to the purposes they are being processed and we ensure that the data is kept up to date.
- Storage of Data: We store customer data in full compliance with the current laws.
- Security & Confidentiality: We ensure that strict security measures are maintained so as to protect customer data against any possible alteration, accidental or unlawful loss, disclosure or access. The customer data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the data.
2. What data do we collect?
When a customer completes the enquiry form, they are required to provide their name, surname, email address, home address, telephone number, ID number, as well as spouse’s details (optional).
In the event that a customer does not make an enquiry on our website, we still collect other information that do not directly disclose or relate to his/her identity, such as IP address, browser usage, computer’s operating system, application version, pages that have been browsed. If the user is using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies the mobile device, device-specific settings.
Our services and offerings are directed at senior citizens and their families. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, it will be deleted.
3. Why data collection?
We collect customer data in order to:
- process enquiries for rapid and efficient response
- provide personalised customer services
- analyse the behaviour of our customers and create customer profiles
- run various communication and advertising campaigns (including retargeting) through assorted types of media: email, social media, search engines, targeting existing and new leads
4. Customer data disclosure
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information collected by our site to third parties in the ordinary course of our business.
5. Data protection
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of personal data. Only authorised personnel are allowed to access personal data in the course of their work and they are to abide to our policy on data handling. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws, to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
6. Data Access, Rectification & Erasure
We provide our customers with full access to their stored data, upon request, with the purpose of modifying, correcting or deleting the data. The customer can also refuse to have his/her data processed for sales & marketing purposes.
7. External links
If you have any query on the storage and use of your data or if you no longer wish your information be kept in our database, please contact us at email@example.com.