Great Oaks’ facilities will be designed around holistic wellness and a social lifestyle for our residents. The state-of-the-art Lifestyle Centre will sit at the heart of the village. Its a la carte restaurant, lounge and café, ladies bar and function room will offer a wealth of opportunities to connect with other residents while the adjoining Wellness Centre & Spa with its heated ozone pool, gymnasium and therapy rooms will offer a variety of fitness options and treatments. Our convenient concierge service will allow you to make reservations and book services at your leisure.
To view a short video of Great Oaks’ facilities, please click here:
PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
Primary health care services will be available to all residents as part of the monthly levy contributions and will include:
- Administering general medical care.
- Annual health assessments.
- Monitoring of residents’ health status and offering preventative care.
- Maintaining residents’ health records.
- Advice and support to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Assistance in requesting and obtaining medical aid benefits.
- Prioritised, discounted access for admission to the Frail or Memory care centres.
- 24-Hour Call-for-Care assistance
You will be able to select from a menu of health care services to suit your changing needs. These services, offered in the comfort of your home, will range from basic wound care to assisted living and frail care.
Our Frail Care facility will offer 24-hour personalised care for those who choose not to be cared for at home.
Six spacious bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms will offer comfort and privacy with a communal, homely lounge and dining room which will lead onto a garden patio.
Great Oaks’ memory care services will make our village the first of its kind in South Africa. Its design and the care that will be offered at our 14 -bedroom Memory Care unit is based on ground-breaking Memory Care principles which are proven to calm and nurture patients. From colour-coded aids, to a private garden designed with a sense of flow and purpose and a communal kitchen and lounge that will invite interaction in a homely environment, residents will be part of a caring community. Our specialised and committed nursing staff will take care of your loved one’s needs whilst they are monitored 24-hours a day.
Our philosophy is that our memory care residents will show us what they need and in doing so, allow us to care for them in a personalised, meaningful manner.
Our Memory Care Service will include:
- 24-hour monitoring and care
- Medication management and administration.
- All meals, teas and snacks.
- A personalised complete holistic care plan.
- Assistance with personal hygiene and incontinence care.
- Activities and programmes.
- Assistance with nutritional needs.
- All laundry and cleaning of rooms.
- Assistance with mobility and activities of daily living.
- Medwell SA provides a National Nursing Service throughout South Africa, focusing mainly on Management of Health Care Facilities and Managed Home Nursing.
- At the heart of Medwell SA you will find a wealth of expertise and knowledge gained over the years. It is this heritage, unyielding commitment to professional integrity and high-quality care that makes Medwell SA the leading Health Care Specialists in South Africa.